Hire Heroes USA Provides Free Career Resources for Military Spouses
Hire Heroes USA (HHUSA) is a non-profit organization who is on a mission to help veterans and military spouses succeed in the workforce. Since HHUSA was founded, they have helped over 30,000 vets, service members and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities. HHUSA’s results speak for themselves.
HHUSA has created a special Serving Spouses Program designed specifically to address the unique employment challenges faced by military spouses. In 2019, HHUSA has set a lofty goal to help place 10,000 more people in jobs, and the best part? HHUSA and MSAN have partnered to help the MSAN military spouse tribe. MSAN members now have access to specialized HHUSA services and you can access them with this MSAN referral link here: https://www.hireheroesusa.org/msan-referral/
*Please Note: This link is a unique registration page specifically for Military Spouse Advocacy Network referrals.
Here’s what HHUSA’s Serving Spouses Program has to offer:
· Virtual services with accessibility from anywhere in the world including: workshops, webinars, career fairs and more.
· 1 on 1 mentorship with a Serving Spouses Transition Specialist
· A professionally revised resume
· LinkedIn and networking assistance
· Interview preparation and guidance including mock interviews
· Access to Serving Spouses workshops, webinars and events
· A job board with over 10,000 job listings from vetted companies
· Federal resume help
· Virtual career fairs
· Targeted industry job mentorship with a volunteer corps of over 750 industry experts
· Talent sourcing
· Access to scholarship and training opportunities specially for military spouses and vets
· You decide when you’re finished utilizing HHUSA’s services
How to access services:
1. To access all of HHUSA’s services, you are required to register for an account and get matched up with a Transition Specialist. The registration process is very simple. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete your entire profile in one sitting, you can also save your progress and build your profile at a later time. Once you’ve registered for an account, HHUSA will call you within 1-week. Utilize the MSAN referral link here: https://www.hireheroesusa.org/msan-referral/ to begin your registration.
2. When speaking with your HHUSA Serving Spouses Transition Specialist, tell them about your past work experience and current goals. Together, you will create a job search strategy and get to work.
3. Exchange your resume and LinkedIn profile information. Your Transition Specialist will help you format and highlight your skills.
4. You will learn effective job seeking and networking strategies and interview techniques to help you effectively navigate the hiring process.
5. You will have access to career coaching, mock interviewers, webinars, and special events for military spouses.
6. HHUSA will connect you with vetted companies who are hiring military spouses and offer flexible work environments.
We at MSAN are ecstatic about our partnership with HHUSA because the #2 problem faced by our 10,000+ MSAN members is employment. We are doing everything we can to bridge the gap between our incredible military spouse tribe, and the resources you need.
Connect with Us:
To learn more about HHUSA, explore their website here: https://www.hireheroesusa.org
For military spouses seeking additional career resources, check out MSAN’s Free Career Resources for Military Spouses article to explore branch specific resources and more. Keep an eye out on our Career & Employment page for new resources and follow our social media groups to connect with fellow military spouses.
MSAN - New Military Spouse Support Forum on Facebook
If you have any questions or need career and employment-related guidance, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org